The church history records that Methodism began In Stallings in the year 1911, in what was then a small village called Stallingsville, N.C. The exact date of the congregation's founding is uncertain; local tradition maintains that the church was organized sometime between March, 1911 and May 4, 1912 by Rev. J. W. Self, largely through the efforts of Stallings residents P. D. & Margaret Drye.
Mr. M. T. Stallings old store building was used for church and school purposes until the first church building was completed. Worship services were led by Rev. J. W. Self, Pastor, who organized Stallings Methodist Church between March and May, 1911. In 1912 the Stallings Church was included in the Mecklenburg Circuit. Charter members of the church included Tom Stallings and family, H. B. Furr and family, P.D. Drye and family, R. A. Drye and family, J. H. Harkey and family, S. A. Noles and family, and Cyrus Porter. Descendants of the founding families are still active in the Stallings United Methodist Church today. We celebrated the 100th anniversary of the church in 2011. Our Centennial Celebration was held on September 25, 2011. We honored those who have gone before us, and dedicated ourselves anew to equipping the ministries of the church to make disciples of Jesus Christ in the next century of Stallings church.